EnviroMentors is Australia’s leading mobile environmental education program for schools.learn more
Congress: Less Litter, Live Better
Our annual Congress to tackle the litter problem in NSW communities and beyond.learn more
Tidy Towns - Sustainable Communities
The Tidy Towns Sustainable - Communities Program has been rewarding projects across all environmental areas in NSW towns both large and small.learn more
The Sustainable Cities Awards Program is a community and environmental awards program for metropolitan communities in NSW, inspiring communities to make a genuine and lasting contribution to their area.learn more
- Become a Member
- Our Partners
APPLICATIONS FOR THE SUSTAINABLE CITIES AWARDS NOW OPEN.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Keep Australia Beautiful NSW Sustainable Cities Awards Program is a community and environmental awards program for metropolitan communities in NSW.
Since 1994, projects that not only enhance the environment but also improve the standard of living and well-being of urban communities have been a hallmark of the activities recognised by these awards.
The Sustainable Cities Awards inspire communities to make a genuine and lasting contribution to their area, with partnerships between local authorities, businesses, community groups, schools, and individuals.
Commencing this year, there is no fee for entries to the awards.
The Sustainable Cities Awards Program incorporates two levels of awards: the Overall Sustainable Council Award and the individual category awards.
These two levels recognise both individual and/or holistic projects and programs. Over the years, participants have advised us of numerous social, environmental and economic benefits of entering into the program including:
- Increased community pride, morale, spirit; and physical, mental & social well-being;
- Social interaction & co-operation between community members and councils;
- Improved natural environment and restoration of wildlife habitats;
- Strengthening of current partnerships or initiation of new ones between community members and groups, councils and businesses;
- Potential for increased tourism and amenities for the local community;
- Reduction of waste, graffiti prevention, and enhanced management of waste services;
- Permanent recognition for winners and valuable feedback on award submissions;
- Public awareness of environmental education issues;
- Networking opportunities between industry, government, and environmental leaders and experts;
- Introduction and/or recognition of sustainability initiatives;
- Recognition of good governance in local government;
- Opportunities to showcase and celebrate the innovative work, expertise, and vision of your organisation or project;
- Increased valuable media exposure for your local area and community projects;
- Learning about other sustainability projects within NSW and sharing ideas with key stakeholders;
- Creating excitement and motivation for communities by recognising their efforts in sustainability or other environmental initiatives and programs.
Key Dates for the 2018 Awards
|April 2018||Applications open. An online application form will be available in coming weeks.|
|16 July 2018||Applications close|
|End of August 2018||Judging finalised|
|7 October 2018||Winners announced at the Sustainable Cities Awards event in Blacktown|
Proudly supported by