EnviroMentors is Australia’s leading mobile environmental education program for schools.learn more
Congress: Less Litter, Live Better
Our annual Congress to tackle the litter problem in NSW communities and beyond.learn more
Tidy Towns - Sustainable Communities
The Tidy Towns Sustainable - Communities Program has been rewarding projects across all environmental areas in NSW towns both large and small.learn more
The Sustainable Cities Awards Program is a community and environmental awards program for metropolitan communities in NSW, inspiring communities to make a genuine and lasting contribution to their area.learn more
- Become a Member
- Our Partners
APPLICATIONS FOR THE TIDY TOWNS – SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES AWARDS NOW OPEN!
CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Since 1981, the Tidy Towns – Sustainable Communities Program has been rewarding and recognising projects around litter, waste management, recycling, heritage, community spirit and other environmental areas in towns both large and small across the breadth of NSW.
Winning the title of the “State’s Tidiest Town” has become a much sought-after honour and is highly contested by small and large towns alike.
In 2018, the Tidy Towns – Sustainable Communities Awards Program continues to celebrate these achievements with some changes. We invite you to take part in 2018 as we move into our 37th year. Commencing this year, there is no fee for entries to the awards.
The State Overall winner has the potential to become a finalist for the National Keep Australia Beautiful Award and may also host the 2019 awards weekend. This, however, is not mandatory. If you are not in the position to host the awards, do not let it deter you from entering.
The Tidy Towns – Sustainable Communities Awards Program incorporates two levels of awards, the Overall Sustainable Council Award and the individual category awards. These two levels recognise both individual and/or holistic projects and programs. Participants have advised us of numerous social, environmental and economic benefits of entering into the program:
- Increased community pride, morale, spirit; and physical, mental & social well-being;
- Social interaction & co-operation between community members, groups and partners;
- Improved natural environment and restoration of wildlife habitats;
- Strengthening of current partnerships or initiation of new ones between community members and groups, councils and businesses;
- Potential for increased tourism and amenities for the local community;
- Reduction of waste, graffiti prevention, and enhanced management of waste services;
- Permanent recognition for winners and valuable feedback on award submissions;
- Public awareness of environmental education issues;
- Networking opportunities between industry, government, and environmental leaders and experts;
- Introduction and/or recognition of sustainability initiatives;
- Recognition of good governance in local government;
- Opportunities to showcase and celebrate the innovative work, expertise, and vision of your organisation or project;
- Increased valuable media exposure for your local area and community projects;
- Learning about other sustainability projects within NSW and sharing ideas with key stakeholders;
- Creating excitement and motivation for communities by recognising their efforts in sustainability or other environmental initiatives and programs.
Population Categories for the 2018 Awards
- Population category A: up to 2000
- Population category B: 2001-6000
- Population category C: 6001-12,000
- Population category D: 12,001-20,000
- Population category E: 20,001 +
Key Dates for the 2018 Awards
|April 2018||Applications open. An online application form will be available in coming weeks.|
|16 July 2018||Applications close|
|End of September||Judging finalised|
|9-11 November 2018||Winners announced at the Tidy Towns Awards Weekend in Orange|
Proudly supported by