EnviroMentors is Australia’s leading mobile environmental education program for schools.learn more
Congress: Less Litter, Live Better
Our annual Congress to tackle the litter problem in NSW communities and beyond.learn more
Take The Pledge
Take action! Swear against litter to help keep litter off our beaches and raise awareness about our individual impact.learn more
The Blue Stars
The Blue Star Sustainability Awards recognise councils, community groups, businesses, schools and individuals who promote sustainability and help to keep NSW beautiful.learn more
Community Litter Grants
The Community Litter Grants are being managed by KNSWB in partnership with the NSW Environment Protection Authority.learn more
- Become a Member
- Our Partners
Register now for the Tidy Towns – Sustainable Communities Awards Event in Nundle!
Yes, it’s that time of year again! Towns across regional NSW have rolled out their sustainable credentials, ramped up their environmental initiatives and banded together as a community to put their towns forward for the most widely recognised awards in country NSW – and now it’s time to celebrate the winners.
Registrations close on 30th October.
Experience all that the 2014 State Tidy Town has to offer, while celebrating the hard work and achievements of our participants with a dinner, entertainment, and the announcement of this year’s winners!
The event will take place over the November 7-9 weekend.
Known for its unique combination of natural vistas with a rich agricultural and pastoral landscape, Nundle is renowned for its beautiful scenery and tranquil nature. Qualifying for our smallest population category, with just 280 residents, Nundle’s sustainability achievements are impressive.
Nundle is nestled at the bottom of the Great Dividing Range and offers quintessential country hospitality, cultivated in a rich area of cultural heritage.
Tidy Towns began in 1981, making it KNSWB’s longest-running program, rewarding environmental sustainability and investment in the future of our regional towns. Now in its 34th year, the program recognises both group and individual efforts to protect, preserve and enhance local environments and communities across the state.
As well as the Overall State Tidy Towns Award, awards will be given in the following categories:
• Overall NSW Tidy Town Award
• Cultural Heritage Award – Sponsored by the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage
• Community Actions and Partnerships Award – Sponsored by the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage
• Conservation Partnerships Award – Sponsored by the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage
• Young Legends Award
• Sustainable Water Award
• Energy Efficiency Award
• Waste Minimisation Award – Sponsored by the Australian Packaging Covenant
• Litter Reduction Award – Sponsored by the Australian Packaging Covenant
• Sustainable Business Award
Tidy Towns – Sustainable Communities Awards
If your town, council, group, club, school or business has been involved in environmental and/or community projects in regional NSW in the past year, we want to hear about them!
Since 1981, the Tidy Towns – Sustainable Communities Program has been rewarding and recognising the civic pride, community spirit and environmental commitment of regional communities across NSW. The Awards celebrate achievements of communities who implement projects to improve their town’s natural and built environments.
Tidy Towns is about rewarding long-term sustainability – in the social, economic and environmental sense – and investment in the future of our regional towns. It aims to keep them lively, dynamic and beautiful places to both live and visit. This is reflected in eleven different award categories which address various aspects of sustainability. Entries are open until Wednesday 18th June.
- Overall NSW Tidy Town
- Cultural Heritage Award – Sponsored by the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage
- Community Actions and Partnerships Award
- Conservation Partnerships Award – Sponsored by the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage
- Environmental Education Award
- Young Legends Award
- Sustainable Water Award
- Energy Efficiency Award
- Waste Minimisation Award – Sponsored by the Australian Packaging Covenant
- Litter Reduction Award – Sponsored by the Australian Packaging Covenant
- Sustainable Business Award
How Do I Enter?
1. Fill out an entry form with details about your town, organisation, awards you’re entering and entry fee payment.
2. Complete the relevant awards submission form. There is a separate form for each award. You can enter as many as you like, but you can only enter a project once (for example, if your organisation has completed two projects in the past year, you can enter these in two separate awards). Send the submission/s along with the entry for to us at email@example.com by Wednesday 18th June.
3. We will organise an assessor to visit your town. They will write up a report, which you can read to get feedback on your submission.
4. The report is sent to a team of experts who will judge the awards.
5. Winners will be announced and the Awards celebrated at the Tidy Towns Weekend, November 7 – 9. This will be held in Nundle, who won last year’s NSW Overall Tidy Town Award.
We have changed the entry method slightly from last year to streamline submissions and reporting. This means a simpler process with fewer forms to deal with. We also anticipate that the feedback provided to towns will be more comprehensive.
All forms are now editable PDFs which means you can download them, fill them out on your computer and email them back to us. If you need to, you can still print them out and post them back to us. Instructions on how to fill out the forms, along with what kind of information we are looking for, is included in the PDF.
Submissions close Wednesday 18 June. If you have any questions about the submission process please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 8594 4080.
Downloadable Entry Forms
2013 NSW Overall Tidy Town: Nundle Read about last year's WinnerNundle named NSW Tidiest Town for 2013
$5,000 up for grabs in the KNSWB Community Litter Grants16/08/2017
Winners are grinners: photos from the 2016 Blue Star Sustainability Awards Dinner11/11/2016
All the winners of the Blue Star Sustainability Regional Awards05/11/2016
Regional NSW Shines at the Blue Star Sustainability Awards; Orange takes top honours11/11/2015
Winners of the Blue Star Sustainability Metro Awards announced!18/09/2015
Celebrate with old and new friends at the Blue Star Sustainability Regional Awards weekend in Gloucester19/08/2015
Gloucester Tidy Towns finalist going to National Awards04/02/2015
Australian Tidy Towns judge on her way to Gloucester27/11/2014
And The Winner Is…Gloucester!19/11/2014
Prime Minister Offers Congratulations to Tidy Towns Winner18/11/2014
Tidy Towns 2014 in Nundle – Photo Gallery11/11/2014
Tidy Towns Award Winners of 201408/11/2014
What’s on the Tidy Towns Agenda, 7-9 November23/10/2014
Awards Program Survey23/10/2014
Two Weeks Left for Early Bird Registrations24/09/2014
Extra Tidy Towns Award for Council with Best Turnout28/05/2014
Tidy Towns Entries Closing Soon19/05/2014
Tasi Town of Sheffield Wins Overall Tidy Town Title22/04/2014
Congratulations Nundle! Nundle Wins Community Action & Partnerships Award at National Tidy Towns04/04/2014
2014 Keep NSW Beautiful Awards Programs: Entries Now Open04/04/2014
Tidy Town Rivalry Hits the Stage13/03/2014
Nundle for NSW! Australian Tidy Towns Assessing Commences11/02/2014
Peter Clark: 18 Years of Tidy Towns Assessing18/12/2013
Maisie Thompson honoured in Gooloogong26/11/2013
Hunter towns dominate Tidy Towns26/11/2013
Nundle named NSW Tidiest Town!02/11/2013
Tidy Towns Awards culminates this weekend29/10/2013
Premier’s Dinner 201325/10/2013
Tidy Towns awards weekend tickets on sale!18/09/2013
Tidy Towns Assessors get a glimpse of endangered Tasmanian Devils02/09/2013
More than just a Tidy Town20/08/2013
Tidy Towns assessing commences across regional NSW02/08/2013
Tidy Towns assessor training begins22/07/2013
Armidale wins two awards at National Tidy Towns Awards20/06/2013