What can you actually recycle?
Every household can do its bit for the environment – all you have to do is follow some, or even all, of these simple recycling tips courtesy of Do The Right Thing!
- Ensure that you recycle as much as possible – your paper, cardboard, plastics, cans, milk and juice cartons, glass containers – everything!
- Take care not to put non-recyclable items in the recycling bin
- Collect your food scraps and use them as fertiliser for your garden
- Correctly dispose of any large electronic goods through your local council or private recycling companies
- Dispose of smaller electronic equipment through local retailers that manage the recycling of those products
- Whatever you do – don’t put your recycling into a plastic bag… it kind of defeats the purpose.
Every little contribution makes a difference – Did you know that recycling just a ton of paper is equivalent to saving twelve trees! And recycling a single aluminium can conserves the same amount of energy as would be used to keep a television on for three hours?!
Get some environmentally friendly habits going in your own household, and the planet will thank you.